Discover the kitchen with peninsula
Peninsulas simply elongate the worktop and cut the kitchen in separate, but communicating areas.
The kitchens with peninsula represent a much-loved configuration in the furnishing of modern and contemporary kitchens.
It is possible to create an L or a C configuration.
To realize a kitchen with peninsula it is necessary to have much room, like an open space. Generally, a peninsula is between 180 and 190 cm long and 70 cm deep.
The peninsula element is recommended when a separation between two spaces is needed. If a bar is needed, or there is not much work space so it is necessary to elongate the top to create a bigger working surface.
What are the advantages of a kitchen with peninsula?
- Breakfast: it’s useful to have a space where to have breakfast or prepare and eat snacks.
- Division between the kitchen and the living area: it provides a more relaxed atmosphere for the dining space and allows interaction with friends and family.
- To host oven or hob, the advantage is to be able to cook looking toward the living area, instead of toward the wall.
- To house the “Washing or Suction zone“: the creation of electrical and hydraulic connection and installation of the hood and / or sink, which could not be installed elsewhere or on the wall.
- Additional container: it is an additional volume for dishes, shelves with doors, perhaps even used from two sides, creating a “double-sided” peninsula counter.